Monday, October 23, 2006

Fitness Update

Things have changed a bit since my last update. I have officially started my bulking cycle so I'm hoping to start packing on the muscle. The workouts are very hard, but I suppose that that is the point.

I've stopped going to my interval training class after talking to a friend who endorsed working each muscle group in the gym twice a week. So it's 5 days of lifting every week. I'm starting week three and I'm already up to about 184 pounds (from 180), and since my body fat is down (see below) I have to assume that I'm building the muscle that I intended to. I took a picture of myself at the beginning of this cycle and I will take one at the end. If the difference is significant, I will consider posting them.

Current body fat
Body Fat 10/23 13.850%
Chest 12
Sub 14
Tri 8

The other thing that I'm doing is eating 6 meals a day. I'm trying to focus on eating 300 - 600 calorie meals at spaced intervals throughout the day to keep my metabolism up, as well as focusing on eating foods high in protein. I hope to get some protein shakes to supplement that as soon as possible.

I've come a long way since this time last year, and I still have a way to go, but I am definetly happy with the results up to this point.

No comments: