Friday, March 23, 2007

Next For Me

I'm at a crossroads in my workout plan right now. I don't know which way to go. I've done the diet trial, the heavy lifting, the circuit training, and the distance running and I need to make a decision.

I have been training all spring to run a half marathon and now most of the people that I was planning to go with, aren't going so I'm having trouble deciding if I should still do it or not. A big part of me just wants to scrap it and go back to lifting, whereas a smaller part hates to give up on something that I had set as a goal.

I just have a hard time continuing to train for something that I'm going to have to do without the fanfare and fun that I was expecting when we were all going as a group. Suddenly it feels like a chore, and I don't like doing chores. I've given myself until Monday to decide what I'm going to do so I will have to do some serious thinking this weekend.

No comments: