Monday, May 28, 2007

Fitness Update

I haven't done one of these in a while so I figured it was time. Things have changed a lot since my last update, as they are wont to do.

I'm still using the New Rules Of Lifting as my workout plan, and I'm about 3/4 the way through the Hypertrophy 2 program. At last check, my body fat was at 15.25%, which was about a percent increase, however, I've gained 8 pounds of muscle and only 3 pounds of fat since my last check. Proof positive? I'd say so.

The mirror test is still proving to be a flighty thing however. At some points I feel as if I look very in shape and at others I feel like I just look pudgy. A lot of that is mental though, so I figure that if the numbers continue to support what I'm doing, then I will stick with it.

My main problem is eating enough to give my body the fuel it needs to build muscle. Now, I know your thinking that that is a good problem to have, and I'm sure plenty of people would love to have to think about eating too much everyday, but it really is quite hard. My problem is that I tend to eat too much junk when it's available because I crave it, and I'm not trying to "lose" right now, so I can justify it. Clearly the real goal is to eat the calories through healthy foods, so hopefully I can get that back on track.

Another thing I'm considering is getting certified as a personal trainer. I enjoy doing/studying/researching this stuff enough that I think I would enjoy the work. It wouldn't replace my current career, but maybe generate some extra income as a side business. The NSCA is well respected and has some stuff available to help you get there, so I'm considering it.

In the mean time, it's bulking and more bulking until I feel like I've gained enough muscle to start trying to chisel it again. My frame can hold a lot more and I'm not going to look big with the muscle mass I have right now no matter how lean I am, so that is the plan.

Until next time....

No comments: