Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Jaco Van Zyl is The Man!

They say that Q school is the toughest test of nerves in sports. I'm sure that there are plenty of other things that rank up there but for golf fans, this is it.

The ultimate disappointment is to miss a put on the last hole and miss your card. I really feel bad for those guys. On the other side of the coin is Jaco Van Zyl. This guy started the 6th and final day 8 strokes back of the top 30 and a PGA Tour Card.

He closed like a champ and shot a 64 to get his card on the number at -8. I'm impressed. To come through like that on the toughest day in golf is just amazing. I can't even get the ball off the tee when I have shot at shooting under 45 for nine holes.

Clearly I'm going to be a fan of this guy and keeping an eye on his progress in the upcoming season. I really hope he plays well and makes a name for himself and completes the dream because as hard as it was to come back and make the cut to get on the tour, it's even harder to stay there.

Good luck JVZ, win one for the hackers.

No comments: