Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Silent But Deadly to Planes

I read a news story today about a plane that was forced to land because several passengers reported catching a strong smell of sulfur in the cabin. Upon further investigation, they found that a woman had passed gas, and lit a match to try and cover the smell.

First of all, I wish that this had been a guy, because for the rest of his life he could have bragged about his ability to bring down planes with the power of his backside. To guys, this would have been a funny story, and a badge of honor for all time. This woman, I'm sure will be very embarrassed and looking for the first boat to Siberia and a name change form.

I mean, my imaginary guy could have forever referred to his rear as his "anti-aircraft cannon". I'm sure the women reading this blog are already rolling their eyes, but for some reason this stuff never stops being funny for guys. It's as if it's built in somehow.

My biggest fear is what effect this might have on airport screening. I'm just imagining some adaptation of the "breathalizer", if you get my drift.

At least no one was hurt, and maybe this will help to improve airport food over time.

No comments: