Sunday, January 28, 2007

Ice Ice Baby

So we went ice skating yesterday as I alluded to earlier. It ended up being a lot easier than I thought it would be. I didn't fall any and neither did Crystal although neither of us would consider ourselves an expert at this point. We had fun but I think the kids got the worst of the thrills and spills.

One kid was gliding along beside me and the next thing I knew he must have found a phone booth to change in because he was in full superman flight, albeit on the ice. All I can figure is that the cape must have gotten caught in his skates...

The one thing that neither Crystal or I could figure out how to do was to stop properly. Running into the wall pretty much became the choice method as "plowing over people" just seemed a little rude, and I'm personally not all that fond of the superman method.

When we got back to the church I had a bit of breakdown. I have been exceedingly good at watching what I eat for the better part of the last month but they had free pizza and I caved. It had been a long time for me and I didn't hold back much. I'm feeling a little bad about that but I guess one day won't hurt me too much. I just have to be good today as free pizza is again on the horizon for lunch. I'm really hoping for a good body fat test on February 11th to make up for the bad one in January so I want to be extra good.

At least I burned a few calories on the ice. Hopefully we'll be able to take Kylie the next time we go. It would be hard to get her to try it I think but she'd have fun.

No comments: