Friday, January 26, 2007

Lack Of X

This is a tough weekend for me. Due to our decision to get rid of cable, I'm forced to miss all but 3 hours of the winter X games that are going on this weekend. My only solace is that I will get to see a lot of the snowboarding coverage during those three hours.

This will be the first year since the original winter X that I didn't watch almost every minute of the coverage. I can't complain though, because our decisions to be tougher with our budget have paid some good dividends. God has really blessed us lately, both with a little extra money here and there, to a nice tax return when we were very worried about having to pay this year. Also with the lack of big problems that typically drain our account or add to our credit card woes.

At this point I can see the light at the end of the tunnel as far as correcting some of the financial mistakes we have made in the past. I've definitely learned some lessons that I won't forget in the last few years.

Now all I have to do is not forget to set the VCR to tape the 3 hours of coverage tomorrow that will be on regular tv. I will be ice skating with my wife and the children's department from church tomorrow, so I can feel a funny blog post coming on.

No comments: