Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Fitness Goals 2007

I'm going to put down some actual goals to shoot for this year and see how many I can accomplish. As I said in an earlier post, I need to have things to work towards from now on instead of just working out to work out. That can get boring, and after more than a year of steady exercise, I need more motivation.

Goal number 1: Run the Music City Half Marathon in under 2 hours

I actually just started my running program today. I've done a lot of running in the past so I expect to be able to handle it.

Goal number 2: Body fat in single digits

A carry-over from last year, but one I still intend to complete. The running I'm doing definitely won't hurt.

Goal number 3: Run a 5k under 19:55

Once I get back in running shape I want to do some 5k's. I've been saying I was going to do this for a while, so if I'm going to get in running shape I might as well do this too. I'm hoping that 3 miles will feel like a stroll in the park after the 13.1 that I have to run in April. Of course running them at 6 flat will be a lot different.

Goal number 4: 10 reps of 150 pounds on bench and squat

Obviously I will hit this harder after my running is done but I will continue to do some lifting on the cross training days that are built into my half marathon training schedule.


That's probably enough for one year. It's a lot to shoot for but I don't want my goals to be too easy or too hard. All are within my reach so hopefully at this time next year I can blog about how happy I am to have accomplished them.

No comments: