Tuesday, August 14, 2007

300

I finally got to see 300, the movie about the battle of Thermopylae.

It wasn't bad but I felt like it took itself a bit too seriously. I felt like the drama was over done a bit, and that the actors believed that they were a part of the next great epic, and acted accordingly. The result was an ok movie in which a lot of the actors looked a bit silly for way overplaying their lines.

Having said that, it was fun to watch in the same way that The Scorpion King was fun to watch. If you realized that it was just a fight-fest for the sake of nothing else, then it was fine.

It was also a bit more gory than it needed to be. For me, the gore only helps make a dramatic movie more dramatic, so in this case it made a pretender look like even more of a pretender and just added to the over dramatization.

In the end I would give this movie a 5.5 out of 10. I'd see it, just don't be expecting the next Braveheart or Gladiator.

No comments: