Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Busy Much?

I haven't really used my fire pit much this year. And apparently it is very true about ashes being good fertilizer because the weeds sticking out of it looked like they belonged in another Jurassic Park sequel.

It wasn't really sunny enough to use RoundUp on them so I just decided to start a fire and let it burn them out. This would have the added benefit of making the pit appear to have been used so that prospective buyers at our house would understand that we had cookouts there, instead of thinking that we were paleobiologists.

Well apparently these weeds were bred to have flame retardant in them because I couldn't get a fire going for anything.

Finally after nearly exhausting my stack of newspaper kindling, I got it going. Not exactly a roaring bonfire but a Miracle burn nonetheless.

I don't think I even put a dent in the weeds.

No comments: