Friday, August 10, 2007

Philip Pullman is a Bears Fan

As you can see on the right side of my page, I'm currently reading the "His Dark Materials" trilogy. The first book, "The Golden Compass" has been made into a movie and will premier this fall. It's a pretty good series, but I've decided that the author must be a Bears fan.

Firstly, he named one of the major characters "William Perry", and as if that wasn't enough, there was actually a scene in which Will had to explain how a refrigerator worked to a girl who had never seen one before.

This all occurred in book 2, "The Subtle Knife", but I don't think it was that subtle. Clearly Philip Pullman is wondering as much about Rex Grossman as the rest of Chicago-land.

The only problem with my theory is that he is from England, but I won't let that get in my way. I still fully expect to see him as one of those shirtless guys in -20 weather at Soldier Field in December.

1 comment:

Midnight Sun said...

um...philip pullman is old..quite old.. i don't think he'll have the guts 2 take his shirt off..